In the beginning of 2016, I decided to make a TBR-challenge for 2016. A challenge with books from my To-Be-Read-shelf. I took a look at my owned unread book and choose 12 book, one for each month. Most of the books are books that I have been very excited to read, but just haven’t gotten around to read yet.
I’m keeping my challenge with me in my planner and once one of the books is read, it gets a pretty color.
Books in my challenge:
- Hundraåringen som klev ut genom fönstret och försvann – Jonas Jonasson (The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared)
I got this one as a birthday present a few years back. I started reading it, but somehow some other book got in the way and it was forgotten.
- Cirkeln – Mats Strandberg, Sara Bergmark Elfgren (The Circle)
When this book was super-hyped in Sweden, I borrowed it from the library. I read a few chapters but wasn’t sold and returned it to the library. I later got this one as a Christmas gift, so I have to give it another try!
- Bort Bort – Anjum Hasan (Neti, Neti – Not this, not this)
I absolutely adore the Swedish cover of this book. I am excited to read this because it takes place in India, partly in a city I actually have visited.
- The Beekeeper’s Apprentice – Laurie R. King
Excited for this one! I would have read it sooner, but I decided that I wanted to get to know the real Sherlock Holmes before I dived into this one.
- A Prisoner of Birth – Jeffrey Archer
This one was recommended by a friend. It hasn’t been on my TBR-shelf for so long but I put it on the list anyway.
- Helgonet och diamantligan – Leslie Charteris (Thieves’ picnic)
I found this one in a second hand book store. I have watched the first season of the old tv series The Saint which is based on the main character Simon Templar, so I decided that I had to give it a try.
- The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes – Arthur Conan Doyle
I found a whole collection of Sherlock Holmes books at a second hand store, as good as new, and I bought the whole bunch. I’m slowly making my way through it.
- Martin Harbottle’s Appreciation of Time – Dominic Utton
A present that was brought home from a trip abroad. I hadn’t heard of this one earlier so I am a little curious and excited.
- Delhis vackraste händer – Mikael Bergstrand (don’t think it’s translated into English)
Another India-based story, this time it’s about a Swede who travels to India. I’ve heard a lot of good about this and I have to read it soon!
- Varbesten i Vela – Anna Fogelberg (not translated into English)
An old Christmas gift. The first book in a Swedish fantasy series.
- Damernas detektivbyrå – Alexander McCall Smith (The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency)
I started this one once, and then I think I kind of started reading something else. I want to give it another go.
- The Cardturner – Louis Sachar
Another birthday gift. I enjoyed reading Holes, so I hope I will like this one as well.
Are you participating in any TBR-challenges this year?
Pingback: Läsplaner 2020 | Have You Read This One?